Made By Hand

For the 12 years or so I've known my sister-in-law, I've been impressed again and again by her creativity as well as her energy for making things. She started out sewing and knitting her own clothes and has branched out quite a bit since then.

When she found out my husband and I were having a baby (but not finding out the gender), she made us some unisex baby clothes, including this cute set here, as well as some baby quilts, bibs, burp cloths and a diaper bag that has a lining that can be wiped clean.

I love that we have items so unique for our daughter to wear, and that it's all very durable. It's not likely my husband and I will have another child given our ages, but if we did, we'd already have a stash of newborn clothing.

The downside, though, is that knowing how much time my sister-in-law spent making these adorable items for her little niece, I feel a little sad when my daughter outgrows them.

P.S. for readers interested on seeing more of my sister-in-law's work -- which is not limited to baby stuff: She sells quilts, blankets, shopping totes, hats and more at knottygnome crafts.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts