Happy Thanksgiving

I have a lot that I'm thankful for: my family, my friends, my job and my small but comfy home. That's just the overview, too. I have a whole lot of little things I'm thankful for that fall into each of those categories.

When it comes to my little girl, I'm thankful for her smiles, her wild hair, that her eyes are dark brown like mine, that she has a dimple in her right cheek, and for each and every time she makes me laugh as well as for each and every time she frustrates the living daylights out of me.

You see, it wasn't that long ago that I didn't think she was possible. Since my husband and I got married in 2003, we had wanted a family. After seven years of wishing for a baby, three months of trying a pill that lengthened the time I ovulated and one heartbreaking miscarriage, I turned 40 years old, and I started trying to make peace with never having a family. I told myself that when I turn 80, I could look back on the years since I turned 40 and see someone who spent a lot of time feeling sorry for herself and miserable, or someone who didn't get what she wanted but decided to enjoy what she did get. I chose to see the latter person.

Several months later, I found out I was pregnant. Not too long after that, I found out the baby was doing just fine.

Yep, I'm very thankful for my daughter.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts