Handmade by a Toddler

It's going to be a handmade holiday this year -- or at least that's the plan.

My husband and I both have survived a few rounds of layoffs at our jobs so far this year, but we both fear it's only a matter of time before we get pink-slipped. Therefore, saving money is one of my top priorities right now.

When I search the web for gifts toddlers can make, I find tons of adorable crafts, especially wall decorations made with hand prints, paper plates and cotton balls. While the wall decorations are cute, if it all possible, I'd like for her to make something practical.

Probably 50 percent of the crafts I saw use the child's hand prints, and I love the idea of doing so. One year, five years, ten years from now, it will be fun to see how the size of those little hands change. Therefore, I think I'm going to go with hand prints on tea towels (second answer down on the link) for the grandmas. I'm just not sure what to do for the grandpas.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.

 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



Comments

Popular Posts