Silly Shorts

One of my favorite features in some of the magazines I've read is one in which parents, grandparents and other people stories of the silly things children they know have done. So today, I'd like to share a few I've personally witnessed or have been shared with me from family and friends. Feel free to share your stories in the comments area, too.

Into the Trash

One day, my daughter came up to me and handed me something. It was small. It was tiny. It was sticky. It was green.

"What is this?" I said.

"Booger," she said.

"Ewww," I said, walked over and tossed it in the trash, thinking she was wanting me to do something about her runny nose. I was wrong.

My daughter started crying. "MY booger, my booger," she cried.

Apparently, she was wanted to show it to me.

The Chair

When I was in my 20s, sometimes I baby-sat for one of my friends who had three rather rambunctious boys all under the age of 10.

One day, one of them turned over a rocking chair and was climbing up the back, which was made up of very thin wooden poles.

"Hey, don't do that," I told him. "You're gonna break it."

"No I won't. My mom sits in it all the time and it doesn't break," he argued.

Super Speller

My niece started school this year, and after her first day, she went home and told her dad that she learned to spell her name.

"Oh really?" My brother asked her, "is it spelled S-T-I-N-K-P-O-T?"

"Yep!" she said.

A Halloween Tale

My nephew, Wesley, dressed as a Ninja Turtle one Halloween when he was about 4 years old. After he put on his costume, he went up to my dad.

"Grandpa," he said, "guess who I am."

"Donatello?" my dad said.

"No," Wesley said.

Dad thought a moment, then guessed again. "Raphael?"

"No," Wesley said.

Dad sat there a moment, then just shook his head and said, "I have no idea."

"I'm Wesley," my nephew said.

Follow our Blog Hop Blitz! New links each Saturday. Follow the football link below to see other blogs in the hop.
Blog Hop Blitz

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts