Moony-Eyed Me

A view of the moon, taken my front
front porch in December 2012. 
On Thursday, night had fallen by the time I pulled into the driveway after picking my daughter up from daycare. I unbuckled her from the car seat so that she could climb out of the chair while I gathered my purse, got out of the car and opened the back door for her.

As soon as she stepped out of the car, she noticed the half moon high in the sky. "Moon," she said. "Moon, Mommy."

"Yep," I said. "There's the moon."

She tilted her head back, looking up at the moon with a small smile and a look of wonder on her face that seemed to say, "How pretty!" I could've watched her watching the moon all night if I didn't have to get up early Friday morning for work.

I gave her about another minute, then I said, "We need to go inside now. Mommy's gotta go night-night so she can go to work tomorrow."

"Bye, moon. Bye, moon," she said as she waved. I smiled.

It was one of the many, many mom moments I hope I never forget.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts