Sweet Girl

Last week, I learned that being a sick mom can sometimes be just as tough as watching your baby be sick.

I was battling a rather nasty cold with body aches. Also, I had coughed so much that my face and ribs were hurting, too. So, when she'd come up to me and put her arms up, wanting me to pick her up, I'd think, "Oh, sweetie, I really don't want you to catch what I have."

So I'd tell her, "Mommy's not feeling well, Sweetie. I can't hold you now." Her response was almost always to cry, which made me feel bad and prompt me to give in. I hope she doesn't get the same bug I had, but I also don't want her to think that I'm not picking her up just because I don't want to.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts