Why my daughter has just a few pairs of pants

My mother-in-law gave my daughter a pair of pants for Christmas this year.

"You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find her size," my MIL said after my daughter opened them. "They were just about cleared out."

"Well, those will do just fine," I said, liking that the pair she'd picked out were both roomy and stretchy.

My daughter liked them, too, grabbing them out of the stack to put them on the very next day.

Two hours later, she came up to me to show me a hole in them.

"These have a hole already!" she said. 

In her hands, she was holding a pair of safety scissors. I knew she had been cutting up a box to make a home for one of her stuffed animals, so it didn't take long to put two and two together.

"Did you cut them with those scissors?" I said.

"Yeah," she said.

And that's why my daughter doesn't have many pairs of pants.


Comments

Popular Posts