My daughter wants to be Elsa again for Halloween, and I wish she'd "Let It Go"

On her first Halloween, my daughter was just 2 months old, so we kept her home. No costume for her that year, but I did find a cute little orange-and-black onesie with an owl on the front that says, "Who's got treats?"

The next year, I thought my husband and I would both have to work Halloween night, so we planned to skip any spooky fun that year, too. But at the last minute, I found out I could take that night off. I rushed to Target, and, though the pickings were slim, I found her a costume. That year, she was a very, very adorable little bee.

The next year, she was 2 years old, and I figured she was old enough to pick her own. It didn't take long for her to decide on Supergirl.

At age 3, she continued with the superhero theme and went as Wonder Woman.

By the time she turned 4, she had discovered and fallen in love with the movie "Frozen" and wanted nothing more than to be Elsa for Halloween. So that's the costume I bought.



At age 5, she was Elsa again.

And this year ... ditto.

Since she’s been old enough to go trick-or-treating, I’ve looked forward to each Halloween, just as much as I used to when I was a kid. Each year, I eagerly await finding out what costumes will be available, and I look forward to finding out who she’ll be. But these last two years, she has taken the wind out of my sails a little bit by not picking something new.

I guess I’ll just start looking forward to Halloween 2018 early.





We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Comments

Popular Posts