One of My Favorite Things About Preschoolers

On Monday afternoon, my daughter and I were strolling through Big Lots when she spotted a box of cookies that had a reindeer with a red nose on it. She's been Rudolph-crazy since mid-December, a phase I thought might've passed by now, but it obviously hadn't.

"I see a Rudolph! I see a Rudolph!" she exclaimed. 

"Yeah," I said, "it IS a Rudolph."

So she began singing, right there in the middle of the store and at the top of her lungs, "Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows ..."

She has most of the song memorized, so she didn't stop singing until she stammered over the lines a little bit, but as I walked with her, holding her hand as she sung one of her favorite songs as if no one else was in the store but the two of us, I had to smile.

I don't know when she'll become too self-conscious to do something like that -- I can't remember ever doing anything like that myself -- but I have a feeling it's not too far off. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.


Like this blog? Click the banner below to vote for my blog, or to see more Top Mommy Blogs.

 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


Comments

Popular Posts