Chores

As I sat on the living room sofa one day last week, I could hear the unmistakable clatter of several somethings hitting my kitchen sink.

"What are you doing?" I yelled, as I got up from the couch.

My daughter answered with some words I couldn't understand and then the noise begin again.

"What are you doing?" I asked again.

I got to the kitchen just in time to see one of my ceramic salad plates crash into a pile of cups, bowls and utensils in the sink. My daughter had hurled it up there with one hand; with the other, she was holding a towel. "I'm going to do the dishes."

"Thank you," I said, "but I'll take care of them later." Then I ushered her back into the living room.

Even if she had broken my every one of my best plates, I couldn't have gotten mad at her. I like when she tries to help. I have no doubt, though, that she knows just as well as I do that she is not yet old enough to do the dishes.

I also know that once she, she won't be feeling so helpful anymore.


Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.

 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



Comments

Popular Posts