Teeth Marks

A few days ago, my daughter came up to me with a crayon she described as "broken." I handed the crayon to my husband, and then my little girl said, "I ate it!" with an inflection that seemed to imply that she just had no clue how that happened, as if she were just sitting there, minding her own business, when the crayon jumped into her mouth.

Upon inspection, my husband found that the "broken" crayon had teeth marks in it.

We cleaned out her mouth and explained that she's not supposed to eat her crayons. I hoped that would be the end of it.

But it wasn't. The next day while my husband was at work, I spotted another "broken" crayon on the floor.

"Are you eating another crayon?" I asked. She turned around and smiled, giving me a glimpse of orange wax between her teeth.

"We eat only food," I told her.

"Like apples?" she asked.

"Yes, we eat apples. If it's not food, don't eat it."

The next day, I had to remind her again when I walked into the living room to find that in the short time I had been out of the room, baking soda had somehow found its way all over my living room carpet.

She had the box in her hand, so I looked it over. In the side was a big hole that had obviously been chewed into the side.

Until that moment, I thought she was long past the stage in which she puts everything she can get her hands on in her mouth. It had been several months since she had done that, and now, all of the sudden, she had done it three days in a row.

None of the items she had sunk her teeth into was toxic, and we don't have much in our house that is. But it seems I need to step up my diligence about putting things out of her reach once again.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.

 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



Comments

Popular Posts