I Sense a Trend ...

A staff member met me at the door when I went to pick my daughter up from day care Wednesday and said, "Nicole got put in time out today for the first time."

I turned to my daughter, who by that time was hugging my leg and saying rather sweetly, "Hi, Mommy. ... Hi, Mommy."

"Were you being a handful?" I asked.

She didn't respond, but the daycare worker had plenty to say. She said my little girl kept telling the staff, "no."

"We were shocked because she usually just says, 'Yeah,' all the time," the staff member continued. The only thing that shocks me is that they hadn't heard her say that before. My husband and I have been hearing "no" for several months now.

On Thursday, I got another "time-out" report.

"She was telling Miss Kelly no, turning over chairs and spitting on the tables," the worker told me. "I had to use my stern voice on her several times."

So, by Thursday, she had branched out into full-blown temper tantrums.

They've been popping up at home for about a month now. In a way, it's comforting to know she isn't acting that way just toward my husband and me.

I feel terrible twos closing in. Hopefully, this phase doesn't last long.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts