Older Moms Like Me

Last week, I stumbled across a forum where older moms and women in their 40s who were either pregnant or considering getting pregnant were discussing their fears about having a baby later in life. For the pregnant and hoping to become pregnant, the top concern, understandably, was birth defects, such as Down Syndrome, that are common in older-mom pregnancies.

Thankfully, our ultrasound technician was able to tell us fairly early on that our daughter didn't have any markers for conditions, so while I still worried some, I was able to put the majority of those fears to rest.

My biggest fear was whether I'd be around and able to take care of her for as long as she needs me. Even weeks after she was born, I'd wake up panicked about it. Since then, the panic has stopped but it's still one of my biggest concerns.

Like this blog? Vote for me by clicking the banner below, and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts