Achoo!

For weeks now as my husband and I have been battling colds, my daughter has had ample opportunity to use her new word, "cough."

If I or my husband coughs, she says, "Cough? Cough? Cough?" [Except she just says it like, "Caw?"]

She'll repeat the word until I or her dad says, "Yes, sweetie, I coughed."

A little over a week ago, I sneezed.

"Cough?" she said.

"No, sweetie, that was a sneeze," I said.

Still, though, the next time I sneezed, she again asked if I coughed. For several days, that was how she responded to every one of my sneezes.

On Tuesday, I was sitting at my home computer working on a freelance project when I sneezed. Before I knew it, she was standing next to me asking, "Sneeze? Sneeze?" [She pronounced it just "Nee?"]

I gave her a great big hug. "Yes, yes, that was a sneeze!" I said.

Before I was a parent, I never realized how such a seemingly small step your child makes can make you feel so happy and proud.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts