Four Wheels

When my daughter was about 5 months old and couldn't sit up by herself yet, one of her grandmothers, who's very eager to spoil Nicole, bought her a riding toy. To make it go, the rider pushes with her feet. Because my daughter was still way too young for it at the time, we put it in the garage. This past weekend, I dug it out.

My little girl has trouble getting on it by herself. She starts by putting her knee on the seat. Sometimes she tries to swing a leg over, and quite often, she's trying with the wrong leg. If she were to succeed in getting on it by herself, she'd be on it backward. After several failed attempts, she'll just sit down on it sideways.

Therefore, it's up to me or her daddy to put her on it correctly. Once she's situated with her hands on the steering wheel, she doesn't know what to do. I've tried to show her that she can walk it forward, but she'd still rather I just push her along.

Earlier today, she was sitting while holding my cellphone. I figured it's never too early to start teaching.

"Don't text and drive," I said. Hopefully, the message sinks in.

Although, it's possible that by the time she's 16, cars will be able to drive themselves.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts