Baby Shoes

While at the arts & crafts festival this past weekend, I walked around with my 5-year-old niece to see what other vendors were selling. My daughter was napping, and my sister-in-law (my niece's mom) was keeping an eye on both baby and booth.

One of the other vendors was selling crocheted items, and from her, I bought these shoes for my daughter:

Crocheted Baby Shoes
She was charging only $5 for a pair of baby shoes! I couldn't believe they were so cheap, so even though I told myself I wouldn't buy anything unless I sold something, and it was starting to look like I wouldn't sell a thing, I browsed through, at first picking out a pair of off-white ones.

I was unsure of how well they'd fit, so I asked the vendor, "Do you know the size on these?"

She got out a tape measure, measured them and said, "They're 5 inches long. Does that help?"

To be honest, it didn't. I have no clue how that translates into a baby shoe size. So I said, "I'm not sure. I'm trying to find some that will fit my daughter."

"How old is your daughter?" she said.

"She's 1, but she's big for her age," I answered.

"She's 1?!" the vendor said, sounding rather confused.

I had no clue why she said it that way, so I just answered, "Yep. Just 1." I browsed a little longer, then settled on the pink shoes shown above.

Once I got back to my booth, it dawned on me why the woman was puzzled when I said my daughter was 1. She had probably thought my 5-year-old niece who was browsing with me was the daughter I was referring to. Her mother and I had a good laugh about that later.

Incidentally, the shoes I bought are a little big for my daughter, but she'll get use out of them eventually. She loved trying them on, though, even though she could take only a step or two before they fell off.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts