One Tired Girl

Yesterday, I took my daughter to a city-sponsored Halloween event in which different stores and organizations set up booths and passed out candy. A few even had games for the kids to play.

I was surprised that none of the dressed up people around us seemed to scare her, that is, until someone dressed as the Safety Pup came by. As soon as she saw him, she drew in her breath and started whining very quickly. She stopped once Safety Pup moved a few feet away, but she kept an eye on him as he walked back down the street.

By the time we headed back to the car, she was getting heavy, so I set her down, took her hand and let her walk. She loved it, but after just a minute, she jerked her hand away. As I tried to take it again, she shook her head no and waved her hands in front of her as if to say, "I can do this myself." There weren't many other people around then, so I let her for a little bit. Then my brother, who was there, too, with his youngest kids, offered to carry her the rest of the way.

We stopped off at our sister's house because she wanted to see the kids dressed up, and then my girl and I headed home. She fell asleep very quickly, and once we got home, she slept while I got her out of the car seat, walked her into the house, pulled her costume off over her head, took off her shoes and placed her in her crib.


Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts