Getting Hugs

I love getting hugs from my little girl, but she doesn't give them very often. I'm most likely to get one when she thinks I'm mad at her.

Last night, for instance, she was getting tired but didn't want to go to sleep. She started crying about everything -- she wanted to be held one minute, then wanted down the next. She cried when she dropped toys and when she was done with them. So I picked her up and told her it was time to go night-night.

Then she hit me in the mouth.

She can't swing hard enough to hurt yet, and I wasn't mad, but that's not something I want her to get in the habit of doing, so I did my best to sound stern.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

She smiled at me. I didn't smile back.

"Why did you do that?" I asked again.

Again, she just smiled and looked like she was waiting for me to smile, too. When I didn't, she put her arms around my neck and gave me a hug. I took that as her way of apologizing.

I can live with that.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts