Stepping Out


Over the last week, I've allowed my daughter to walk from the car to her classroom in day care, and my husband has been walking her through the grass to get to the car when we leave. We hold her hand -- although she'd rather we didn't -- to make sure she keeps her balance and doesn't veer off in front of traffic.

In these moments, she beams with pride, seeming to understand that these steps are a big deal. I would've thought she'd consider them no different than walking around the house.

When I see her smiling as she teeters across the grass or takes those hesitant steps to the day care door, I just can't help myself. I beam with pride, too.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts