One Trick, One Treat

In a perfect world, my husband and I could both spend every holiday, big or small, with our daughter. I missed her first Halloween last year because I had to work. This year, my husband will. That's the "trick"of this year's festivities.

Last year, I made peace with it. She was still small enough that I had no plans to dress her in costume (although I did buy her a Halloween shirt) and take her trick-or-treating. But still, it would've been nice to be there with her.

This year, I'll have the day off. That's the "treat."

I bought her a bumblebee costume. I know how it will go: She won't leave the antennae on her head or the wings on her back for long, but hopefully it will be long enough to get a good photo.

Then, I'm going to take her to just a few places to trick-or-treat, like Walmart and a few other stores that hand out candy on Halloween, then I'll take her up to my parents' house. It will be fun, and she and I will have a good time. It would just be nicer if my husband could share it with us, too. Maybe next year.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts