Nothing Beats "Blue"

My little girl has been a fan of "Blue's Clues" since she was about 7 months old. I never knew how much of a fan, though, until yesterday.

I had spent the morning grocery shopping, while my little girl stayed at home with Daddy and slept until about 11:30 a.m. When I got home, she wanted me to hold her. I tried putting groceries away with her in my arms, but it was too hard. By the time I finished, it was after noon, so rather than cook, I decided I'd run down the street to Subway to get us three some sandwiches.

As I headed toward the door, my daughter started fussing and ran ahead of me to stand in front of the door. "Awww, she missed me while I was gone and doesn't want me to leave again," I thought to myself.

"Stay here with Daddy. I'll be back soon," I said. She just cried a little more and started reaching for me.

"Maybe Daddy will let you watch 'Blues Clues,'" I said, "Or I can just turn it on for you. Do you want to watch 'Blue'?" She eagerly nodded yes, so I turned on the TV, brought up Netflix then found the show for her.

As soon as the music started, she looked at me, waved and said, "Bye."

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts