I'm a Weather Watcher

Before I became a parent, the times when I kept a watchful eye on outdoor temperatures and the chance for rain were few and far between. Oh, I would log on to the National Weather Service website several times a day when snow or icy conditions were possible because I hate driving on the stuff, but beyond that, I didn't much pay attention.

Nowadays, I am diligent about checking the forecast. I want to know not just what the conditions are now, but what will they be when I go to pick my daughter up from day care. Are pants a better choice? Or will she be too warm in them? What's the best sleeve length? Long, 3/4, short or no sleeves at all? How much will she be outside if it's raining, and what can I do to keep her from getting wet? (She outgrew her raincoat during the drought. She didn't wear it once. *Sigh*)

An outdoor festival is coming up that I have plans to attend. I've been checking the forecast for that day for almost a week now, and over that time, the high for that day has fallen from a comfy, overcast, shorts-wearing 82 degrees all the way down to a better-to-leave-your-baby-at-home rainy 49 degrees. I'm sure I'll check it several more times in the days to come. Hopefully, that predicted high switches into reverse.


Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts