An Instant Connection

Like other toddlers, my daughter needs to warm up to people she hasn't seen in a while. For about the first hour whenever she's around her grandparents, aunts and uncles, she clings to my husband and me.

This past weekend, Ron, one of my husband's longtime friends, stopped by. When Ron first walked in, my daughter climbed up in my lap as usual. Within three minutes, though, to my surprise, she was standing right in front of Ron smiling and babbling.

"She likes you!" I said to Ron. "She never does that so soon after someone first stops by."

Later on that afternoon, she was even more obvious about her instant connection with Ron. She climbed up into his lap and soon after fell asleep.

It was just one of many moments when I wish I'd had my video camera handy.

Like this blog? Vote for me daily by clicking the banner below,
and see more Top Mommy Blogs.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Comments

Popular Posts