Musical Notes

My baby girl loves music. I have yet to find a song she doesn't like. It began with big smiles and vigorous nodding -- her version of dancing at the time -- whenever the theme from "The Big Bang Theory" played. Next, I saw her do the same with the "Friends" theme and whenever I'd pull up a "Blue's Clues" episode on Netflix for her.

These days, she gets into commercials, including -- but not even remotely limited to -- the commercials for Dixie Ultra, Yoplait and the Payless Shoes commercial with the song that goes, "I am a paleontologist. That's who I am, that's who I am, that's who I am."

Her dance is more elaborate now. Rather than just head bopping, she bounces at her knees as she leans slightly forward.

For her birthday, one of her step-aunts gave her this musical toy:

Right after I put it together, I pushed the "on" button, and the music and singing started. She pushed buttons for a little bit, but before long, she stepped back away from it so that she could dance. For about the next two minutes as she did her baby bop, I watched, smiled and tucked away a memory that will always make me feel better when I'm having a bad day.

Comments

Popular Posts