Better at Bedtime

A few nights ago, around my daughter's bedtime she walked into the bedroom a few times. After about the third time, I thought, "I wonder if she's wanting to go to bed," so I put her in the crib. She did her usual crying, but it didn't last anywhere near as long as it had been.

Last night, she walked into the bedroom again.

"Are you going to bed?" My husband asked her.

So I thought I'd give it another try. I took her in and put her in her crib. Unlike the last time, she didn't fuss. Instead, she immediately shifted to her comfy position -- tummy down with her arms and knees tucked up under her so that her little fanny was up in the air. After a few minutes, she whined a little but never a lot.

While I enjoy the newfound peace around bedtime, I miss singing her to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts