My Little Hard-Headed Girl

Quite often, my little girl will start off the night in her crib. Sometime between 3:30 and 5 a.m., she'll start waking up about every 20 minutes or so crying because she wants her pacifier. At first, I just got up and gave it to her every time. Nowadays, I get up just twice. The first time, I give her the binky, the second time, I get her out of the crib and put her in bed with my husband and me. She'll usually go right back to sleep and sleep well the rest of the night.

Once she wakes up in the morning, she starts climbing all over us and then throwing herself against us to cuddle. It's cute and fun -- when her head hits us in the stomach, arm, leg. Not so much, though, when she slams it against my teeth, cheekbone or that bridge of bone over the eyes. That hurts! A lot! Oh, she's fine. My husband and I are the ones who feel it. Her head must be made of steel.

Comments

Popular Posts