I Wish My Abs Were That Strong

As a first-time mom, I am continuously amazed by how quickly my daughter's abilities change from day to day or week to week. For instance, a week ago, I wouldn't put her in a seated position on the living room floor. I learned the hard way not to do that back in January when I tried it and she immediately pitched herself backward and thunked her head against the floor. Our living room is carpeted, thankfully, but it still made her cry. After that, I tested her sitting skills on my bed.

For the most part, she hasn't seemed interested. She's been perfectly content to sit in her Bumbo or high chair where she gets plenty of support.

Just this past week, though, she's been trying. On Monday, I took her to the doctor. The nurse wanted to weigh her, so she asked me to undress my daughter down to her diaper. I set her on the scale, supporting her with my arm behind her back as I took off her shirt and socks. Then I tried to get her to lie down so I could take off her britches. She gripped the side of the scale, tightened her tummy muscles and kept her head off of the table as if being completely reclined would mess up her hair. She did the same thing when the doctor tried to get her to lie back.

I think she wanted to sit up, and it took some coaxing to get her to let go. I don't think I could've stayed in that position as long as she did.

Comments

Popular Posts